How To Add a Printer on Windows 10 In this age of science and technology, electronic gadgets hold us together. Without these gadgets most of our work would remain incomplete. Computers, mobiles, printers, scanners and other things have become an integral part of our life. They not only save our effort but also help in a great time management program. Electronic gadgets are not only used by the tech savvy people or in a corporate world, it has become a compulsion and everyone around the world uses it.
People of all age use the electronic gadgets to complete their purposes. A student may use the computer to study and gather knowledge, an office-go er will use the computer and the printers to make a presentation and print it. An old man might use the mobiles or laptops to chat with his son or daughter who stays outside. The use of electronic gadgets is vast.
Step By Step Process For How To Add a Printer on Windows 10
Among these gadgets is one that is used almost everywhere, in schools and colleges, in corporate companies, in hospitals and institutions and even at our homes, it is called the printer. The journey of printers has been long and interesting. The design of the first printer was led by the computer genius and the “Father of the Modern Computer” Charles Babbage. But it was until the 2000 when the Japanese company Epson made its first printer and launched it in the market in the year 1968.
Over the years the development and the progress in the printer world has both shocked and acquired a positive attitude towards the customers. Line printers and matrix printers were made for the faster printing process and the quality of the output it delivered. Later on laser jet printers were developed that could produce high end results.
The use of the printers are very simple, we use it to print whatever we want to. It can be a page full of articles, a graphical representation of any census, and a report with a photograph attached, you name it, the printer prints it. The invention of the 3D printers was also a milestone in the printer history. The 3D printers could print images with 3D view.
Now for printing any page or photograph, you need to install the printers in your computer. Without installing it, the printers will not be able to print whenever it is asked to. Now there are several ways to install the printer into your computer or laptop and start working. But if you face any problem while installing it, you may go through these following steps to ensure the completion of the installing process.
Here is a Way How To Add a Printer on Windows 10
- Connect HP printer to computer or the laptop with the USB data cable.
- Choose the ‘Add printer and scanner option’.
- In windows menu look for the ‘Change device installation settings’ and open it.
- In the device installation settings window, select ‘YES’ option and then click ‘save changes’
If you are trying to add a wireless printer then follows the following steps;
- Use the printers LCD panel to enter into the wireless setup
- Select your WiFi network. For this process you would have to know the SSID of the network you choose to use, which can be easily found out by hovering the mouse on the WiFi icon in the task bar.
- Enter your network password.
Problems may arise if the printer is kept far away from the computer and the WiFi source, so try to keep it as close as possible. The windows features also have a networking facility called Home Group that automatically connects and hare printers and files with other computers on that network. Here you can select the Home Group and have the facility of the shared printer.
If you are using windows 7 and want to know about How To Add a Printer on Windows 10 and install it in your computer or laptop then here are some of the steps to install HP printer driver in Windows 7;
- In windows search and open control panel.
- Click ‘Devices and Printers’ and then click ‘add a printer’.
- Select Use an existing port and then click Next
If the printer is a wireless one then perform the following steps.
- Use the wireless setup wizard on the printer.
- Know the network SSID of the network you are intending to use
- Enter the security password of that network
For installing the printer driver with the Add a printer Wizard
- Open the control panel in the windows
- Click ‘Devices and Printers’ and then open ‘Add a printer’
- Select ‘Add a printer or Bluetooth’
- Click on the ‘Select printer’ window, select your printer and then click next.
These are the steps that can be followed by anyone hp printer install wizard and work with their printer at ease.