The Canon PIXMA MX492 Setup is a most famous printer in canon series that suits both home and office use. After buying the printer from the retailer, you have to perform Canon PIXMA MX492 Setup. Carry out the step by step and easy criteria in latest topics to configure the hardware and software of your printer. You can also get guidance from our technical support team by calling +1 800-684-5649.
How To Perfom Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Setup
- Before unpacking the printer, check if the printer box is sealed carefully.
- Open the box and check if the printer elements are provided inside.
- Take the Canon Pixma MX492 printer from the box and keep it on a flat surface.
- Remove the protective cover from the printer.
- Unmasked the orange colored protective tapes on the printer.
- Take the power cable provided in the printer package and link it to the respective port of the printer & power supply.
- Power on the printer by pressing its power button Longley.
- Configure the settings on the control panel of the printer.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and insert into the consistent slots.
- Load the paper tray with suitable papers.
- Install the printer software on your PC and complete the first time.
Canon Pixma MX492 Driver Download
Download the driver of the Canon Pixma MX492 Printer from the software CD supplied in the printer package or the Driver Download button on this page. We offer the latest version of the Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Driver that is compatible with the OS of your computer or laptop.
Canon Pixma MX492 Driver Windows
- Allow the driver of the Canon Pixma MX492 printer from the software CD covered with the printer package or the Driver Download button on this page.
- We offer the recent version of the printer driver that is suitable with the Windows OS of any version.
- Identify and click on the Driver Download button present on this page to configure the download procedure.
- Once you download the driver, locate it to the destination folder on your PC or laptop.
Canon Pixma MX492 Driver Mac
- Search Canon Pixma MX492 Setup driver from the Driver Downloads or the installation CD provided in the printer function.
- We support to get the recent version of the full-featured printer driver that is optimized with the OS version of your system.
- To download the driver from the CD, be sure your Mac device has a disc drive.
- Most of the recently manufactured Mac devices do not have a disc drive.
- So, copy the content of CD in a flash drive.
- Insert the flash drive into your Mac device and paste the copied content into the desired folder on your PC.
Canon MX492 Driver Install
- Install the driver of Canon PIXMA MX492 setup printer after downloading it.
- Carry out the terms on the screen.
- Set the connection process between the devices based on their specifications.
- Begin with the directions on the display.
- The guidelines may vary based on the OS version of your computer or laptop.
Canon MX492 Printer Setup
The wireless connection is one of the best methods in connecting your Canon Pixma MX492 Printer and PC. Simple and quick procedure on how to set up the wireless connection on the Canon Pixma MX492 Printer is detailed in the following topics.
- On the function panel of the Canon Pixma MX492 Printer, click the Setup button.
- Use the arrow buttons and select WLAN Setup.
- Tap the OK button.
- Download the latest version of the Canon Pixma MX492 Printer driver that in-completes the operating system version of your PC or laptop.
- Set the connection method as a Wireless LAN connection.
- Enable the radio button of Connect via Wireless Router (recommended).
- Carry out the guidelines on the screen and complete the wireless connection on the Canon Pixma MX492 printer.
- Kindly power on your router and be sure it is activated to use internet connection.
- Make sure the Canon PIXMA MX492 Setup printer is powered on.
- On the printer’s control panel, click on the Setup button.
- Use the directional arrows and Tap on Wireless LAN Setup. Press OK.
- Now the printer looks for the network of your router.
- Tap and hold the WPS button on your router.
- Press OK on the control panel of the printer.
- Finally, select Copy and connect your Canon Pixma MX492 Printer To WiFi.
Canon Pixma MX492 Google Cloud Print Setup
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on Chrome menu and select Sign in to Chrome.
- Log in to your account in Google.
- Go to the Chrome menu and pick Settings.
- Select the Show Advanced Settings option to view more about Google cloud print.
- Click Manage –> Add Printers.
- If a confirmation message appears on the screen, tap the OK button.
- Thus the Google Cloud Print setup is made on the Canon PIXMA MX492 Setup printer.
Canon Pixma MX492 Airprint Setup
- Make sure the printer and computer are linked to the same network of a router or access point.
- Make sure the Canon Pixma MX492 printer is on.
- Open the document or image you want to print on your Apple device.
- Select the operation icon to view the menu options.
- Find and pick the Print option.
- Go to Printer Options and choose the name and model of your printer.
- Configure the important print settings.
- To perform duplex printing, click ON to turn on double-sided printing and OFF for disabling it.
- Finally, click Print to start printing your document using the Air-Print feature.
Canon Pixma MX492 Ink Install
Ink cartridge installation is one of the most important procedures in setting your Canon Pixma MX492 printer. Follow the step by step and easy guidelines in the latest topics to install and replace the cartridges of the printer.
How To Change Ink Cartridge Canon PIXMA MX492
- Be sure that the Canon PIXMA MX492 setup printer is powered on.
- Raise the access door at the front of the printer.
- Open the door of the paper output.
- Gently push and remove the empty ink cartridge which you need to modify.
- Take a new cartridge and unpack it.
- Peel off the protective tapes on the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into the corresponding holder.
- Gently push the cartridge until it suitable into the place.
- Close the paper output door and complete the ink cartridge replacement process.
How To Load Paper in Canon PIXMA MX492
- Ensure the Canon Pixma MX492 Printer is powered on.
- Take a stack of compatible paper and tap on a flat surface.
- Open the access cover at the front of the printer.
- Pull the paper cassette until it keep at its maximum limit.
- Load the papers into the paper tray with its print side facing down by modifying the paper width guides.
- Close the paper cassette and front access cover of the printer.
- On the control panel of the Canon PIXMA MX492 Setup printer, tap OK.
- Configure the paper settings if needed.
- Finally, open the output tray and finish the setup.
How to Scan on Canon PIXMA MX492
- Open the master copy document or image you want to scan on the scanner glass or ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) of the printer.
- Open the Start IJ Scan Utility software on your PC.
- Go to Settings and select Document Scan.
- Configure the Select Source option depending on the document to be scanned.
- Re Change the settings like color mode, document size, scanning resolution and more.
- Finally, click OK and start the scanning your document.
How To Copy On Canon PIXMA MX492
- Ensure the Canon Pixma MX492 Printer is powered on.
- Load compatible papers in the input tray.
- On the control panel of the Canon Pixma MX492 printer, tap the Copy button.
- Keep the original document to be scanned on the platen glass or ADF (Automatic Document Feeder).
- Configure the paper settings like page size, number of copies and magnification.
- Click the Color button for copying in color and Black to copy in black & white.
How To Fax on Canon PIXMA MX492
- Be sure the Canon PIXMA MX492 printer is powered on.
- Tap the Fax button.
- Load the original document or image you need to fax on the platen glass or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Modify the scan contrast and resolution if needed.
- Dial the recipient’s fax number using the numeric buttons.
- Tap the Color button to transfer your document in color and Black to fax in black & white.
Troubleshooting methods are used to resolve the problems of your Canon Pixma MX492 Printer. Follow the quick and easy procedures in the upcoming topics to fix the problems of your Canon Pixma Printer.
Canon Pixma MX492 Paper Jam
- Switch off the Canon PIXMA MX492 Printer if it is turned on.
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer and power supply.
- Open the paper output cover of the printer.
- Take the paper in the cassette if any.
- Also, find for jammed papers under the cartridge holder and remove them.
- Take the jammed papers by holding its edges using your hands.
- If the sheets are rolled up, pull it out gently.
- Never pull the papers while removing it.
- Close the output cover and solve the paper jam issues.
- If the problem continues, call our technical support team and get more solutions.
Canon Pixma MX492 Not Connecting To Wifi
- Check the connection status of your Canon PIXMA MX492 Printer.
- Carry out the upcoming guidelines to check the status.
- Make sure your Canon Pixma MX492 Printer is powered on.
- Tap the Setup button.
- Select the Device Settings option using the arrow buttons. Tap OK.
- Pick Device Settings –> LAN Settings –> Print LAN Details.
- Now the printer prints the LAN Settings page.
- Go through the sheet, find the issue, and solve it accordingly.
- If you find it difficult to solve the problem, get more guidelines from our customer support team by dialing +1 800-684-5649.